This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has been assessed as having moderate anxiety. He says I feel undone.. An appropriate ... (Read 30 times)

silviawilliams41

A client has been assessed as having moderate anxiety. He says I feel undone.. An appropriate
  response for the nurse would be

a. Why do you suppose you are feeling anxious?
  b. What would you like me to do to help you?
  c. I'm not sure I understand. Give me an example..
  d. You need to get your feelings under control..

Question 2

A nurse with a history of narcotic abuse was found unconscious in the hospital locker room after
  overdosing. The nurse is transferred from the emergency department to the inpatient psychiatric unit.

Attitudes or behaviors on the part of nursing staff that may be assessed as enabling behaviors include
  a. conveying understanding that pressures experienced in nursing underlie substance
  use.
  b. pointing out that work problems are the result, not the cause, of substance abuse.
  c. empathizing when the nurse discusses fear of disciplinary action by the state
  board.
  d. providing health teaching about stress management.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sultana.d

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Increased anxiety results in scattered thoughts and an inability to articulate clearly. Clarifying helps
the client identify thoughts and feelings. Option A is a nontherapeutic question for which the client
likely does not have an answer. Option B: The client may be unable to determine this. Option D is a
directive the client is probably unable to accomplish.

Answer to Question 2

A
Enabling denies the seriousness of the client's problem or supports the client as he or she shifts
responsibility from self to circumstances. The other options are therapeutic and appropriate.

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library