This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A severely depressed client who has been on suicide precautions tells the nurse I am feeling a lot ... (Read 47 times)

jayhills49

A severely depressed client who has been on suicide precautions tells the nurse I am feeling a lot
  better, so you can stop watching me. I have taken too much of your time already.. The best response
  for the nurse to make would be

a. I wonder what this sudden change is all about. Care to elaborate?
  b. I am glad you are feeling better. The team will consider what you have said..
  c. You should not try to direct your plan for care. Leave that to the team..
  d. Because we are concerned about your safety, we will continue with our plan..

Question 2

The plan of care for a client who has demonstrated outbursts of physical violence against his family
  when frustrated and periods of remorse after each outburst would be considered successful when the
  client

a. expresses frustration verbally instead of physically.
  b. agrees to seek counseling at a future time.
  c. explains the rationale for his behavior to the victim.
  d. identifies three personal strengths.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cswans24

Answer to Question 1

D
When a client seeks to have precautions lifted by professing to feel better, the client may be seeking
greater freedom in which to attempt suicide. Changing the treatment plan requires careful evaluation
of outcome indicators by staff. Option A will not cause the client to admit to a suicidal plan. Option
B does not convey concern for the client. Option C remonstrates the client and suggests the client is
not a partner in the care process.

Answer to Question 2

A
Option A indicates that the client has developed a healthier way of coping with frustration. The other
options do not confirm the success of the interventions.

jayhills49

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

ultraflyy23

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library