This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client being treated for a myocardial infarction has been transferred from the intensive care unit ... (Read 31 times)

bobbie

A client being treated for a myocardial infarction has been transferred from the intensive care unit to
  a step-down unit.

She uses the call bell as often as every 15 minutes and makes a seemingly small
  request or complains each time the staff member enters the room. Several staff tell the primary nurse
  that the client is obnoxious and that they feel inadequate because they can never seem to satisfy
  her needs. The best indicator to monitor for the outcome of anxiety self-control is that the client will
  a. monitor duration of episodes of anxiety.
  b. maintain adequate sleep of 7 hours nightly.
  c. maintain social relationships and role performance.
  d. control anxiety response by using call bell appropriately.

Question 2

A client approaches the nurse and blurts out You've got to help me Something terrible is
  happening. I'm falling apart. I can't think. My heart is pounding and my head is throbbing..

The
  nurse responds It's almost time for visiting hours. Let's get your hair combed.. This interaction can
  be evaluated as
  a. a distracting technique to lower anxiety.
  b. bringing up an irrelevant topic.
  c. sensitive to physical needs.
  d. addressing false cognitions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecox1012

Answer to Question 1

D
This indicator is directly related to the behavior described in the scenario. The other indicators are
not as indicative of improvement in self-control in the area identified in the scenario.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The nurse has closed off client-centered communication and introduced an irrelevant topic, a ploy
designed to make the nurse, who is uncomfortable dealing with the client's severe anxiety, feel
better.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library