This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A staff nurse tells another nurse I just used the SAD PERSONS scale to evaluate a new client. His ... (Read 17 times)

SGallaher96

A staff nurse tells another nurse I just used the SAD PERSONS scale to evaluate a new client. His
  score was 10 . I'm wondering if I should send him home after arranging for follow-up.. The best
  reply by the second nurse would be

a. That would seem appropriate..
  b. Make sure he is followed up closely; he may require hospitalization in the near
  future..
  c. I think you should strongly consider hospitalization for him..
  d. A score of 7 or higher usually requires immediate hospitalization..

Question 2

Which statement by the nurse who has been working with a child with ADHD might indicate
  overinvolvement with the child and a need for supervision?

a. There are times I want to spank him, like when he throws things..
  b. He is beginning to concentrate more when he plays..
  c. He responds best when I stay calm and neutral..
  d. Decreasing environmental stimuli helps him concentrate..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sarajane1989

Answer to Question 1

D
A SAD PERSONS scale score of 0 to 2 suggests home care with follow-up. A score of 3 to 4 calls
for close follow-up and possible hospitalization. A score of 5 to 6 requires the nurse to strongly
consider hospitalization, and a score of 7 or higher calls for hospitalization.

Answer to Question 2

A
Negative feelings may indicate the presence of countertransference, signaling an unresolved conflict.
The other comments are appropriate and suggest no overinvolvement.

SGallaher96

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library