This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An outcome for a client in the delayed reaction stage of rape-trauma syndrome is that the client ... (Read 52 times)

tnt_battle

An outcome for a client in the delayed reaction stage of rape-trauma syndrome is that the client will

a. resume optimal level of functioning.
  b. identify situations that generate anxiety.
  c. develop feelings of being in control.
  d. make decisions about life activities.

Question 2

A staff member at the mental hospital asks the psychiatric forensic nurse who is working with a
  defendant as a competency therapist Why are you spending so much time with that guy? You spend
  one-to-one time with him and even go to activities

with him. And I have seen you writing volumes.
  Usually we just give these people medication for a while, then return them to the court.. The best
  reply for the nurse would be
  a. My role is to become an advocate for the defendant, so I have to know him
  well..
  b. The specialized assessments I make on behalf of the court require lengthy
  interviews..
  c. My focus is providing intensive psychotherapy to ensure the defendant's
  competency when he returns to court..
  d. I spend time observing, assessing, and documenting to determine the defendant's
  competency, write a report, and provide expert witness testimony in court.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wfdfwc23

Answer to Question 1

A
Resuming optimal functioning is an achievable, comprehensive, long-term outcome; the other
statements are short-term indicators.

Answer to Question 2

D
Option D best explains the need for the competency therapist to spend large amounts of time with
the defendant. The competency therapist collects evidence by spending many hours with a defendant
and carefully documenting the dialogue. A complete formal report is prepared for the court and, in
addition, the competency therapist may provide expert witness testimony. Option B: This response is
more nonspecific than option D. Option A: The role of the competency therapist is to advocate for
the judicial process, not the defendant. Option C: The psychiatric forensic nurse working as a
competency therapist does not provide psychotherapy for the defendant.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library