This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client's breast cancer was diagnosed after a mammogram. Her doctor advised a lumpectomy, ... (Read 18 times)

Yi-Chen

A client's breast cancer was diagnosed after a mammogram. Her doctor advised a lumpectomy,
  followed by radiation and chemotherapy.

The client schedules consultations with the surgeon, the
  radiation oncologist, and the medical oncologist so that she may ask questions regarding her
  treatment. The coping strategy being used can be identified as
  a. keeping busy and distracting oneself.
  b. conforming and complying.
  c. sharing concern and finding consolation.
  d. seeking information and obtaining guidance.

Question 2

A client, aged 30 years, tells his case manager I do not have bipolar disorder anymore, so I do not
  need the medicine and the blood tests. I was in the hospital twice for a few days a year or so ago.

Then you got into the act to get me a place to live and SSI checks. All that is wrong now is I am
  bored and I do not have any friends. The nurse assesses the client as demonstrating
  a. denial.
  b. projection.
  c. rationalization.
  d. identification.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

D
The client is coping by gathering information that will help her understand her treatment goals and
the effects of treatment. Most clients who use this strategy believe knowledge reduces anxiety.
Option A: Keeping busy and distracting oneself has as its goal postponing dealing with the problem.
Option B: Conforming and complying would involve simply accepting the physician's treatment
plan. Option C: Sharing concern and finding consolation are usually carried out with family and
friends and would not necessitate medical appointments.

Answer to Question 2

A
The client scenario describes denial. Many young clients with severe mental illness have limited
experience with hospital-based formal treatment programs. Short-term hospitalizations and
community follow-up contribute to these clients failing to see that they have a problem. Option B:
The client is not blaming another for a personal weakness. Option C: The client is not making
socially acceptable excuses. Option D: The client is not identifying with another.

Yi-Chen

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library