Author Question: A client seeks to elicit personal information about the nurse by asking several direct questions ... (Read 23 times)

Yi-Chen

A client seeks to elicit personal information about the nurse by asking several direct questions about
  the nurse's living arrangements. To refocus the interview the nurse should say

a. I am uncomfortable when you ask me personal questions, so please stop..
  b. It seems a bit odd that you are focusing on me rather than on yourself..
  c. Your questioning is manipulative and distracting us from our purpose..
  d. This is your time to focus on your situation. Tell me about your concerns..

Question 2

The nurse uses the SAD PERSONS scale as he interviews a client who has expressed suicidal
  ideation. This tool provides data relevant to

a. mood disturbance.
  b. suicide potential.
  c. current stress level.
  d. level of anxiety.

SVictor

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Option D restates the purpose of the interview, shifting the focus off the nurse and back to the client
while remaining neutral. Option A remains nurse focused. Option B challenges the client. Option C
is accusatory.

Answer to Question 2

B
The SAD PERSONS tool evaluates 10 major risk factors in suicide potential: sex, age, depression,
previous attempt, ethanol use, rational thinking loss, social supports lacking, organized plan, no
spouse, and sickness. The tool does not have appropriate categories to provide information on the
other options listed.