This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The community psychiatric nurse makes a home visit to see a client who is scheduled to receive home ... (Read 95 times)

lunatika

The community psychiatric nurse makes a home visit to see a client who is scheduled to receive
  home care.

The nurse notes the client and family make poor eye contact and that the client and all
  members of the family deferred to the father to answer questions during the visit. In what sphere
  does the explanation for this observation probably reside?
  a. Physical
  b. Cultural
  c. Environmental
  d. Psychopathological

Question 2

A client with fluctuating levels of awareness, confusion, and disturbed orientation shouts The bugs,
  they are crawling on my legs Get them off me The nurse can assess this behavior as indicating
  that the client is experiencing

a. aphasia.
  b. dystonia.
  c. tactile hallucinations.
  d. mnemonic disturbance.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sokh

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Eye contact and family patterns of authority are often culturally determined. The other options are
much less likely to provide a plausible explanation of the observation. Option A: All parties are
physically able to communicate. Option C: The environment is identical for all possible speakers.
Option D: No mention of psychopathology for any family members is given.

Answer to Question 2

C
The client feels bugs crawling on her legs, even though no sensory stimulus is actually present. This
description coincides with the definition of a hallucination, a false sensory perception. Tactile
hallucinations may be part of the symptom constellation of delirium. Option A: Aphasia refers to a
speech disorder. Option B: Dystonia refers to excessive muscle tonus. Option D: Mnemonic
disturbance is associated with dementia rather than delirium.

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library