This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a nurse-client interview the client attempts to shift the session focus from himself to the ... (Read 98 times)

james

During a nurse-client interview the client attempts to shift the session focus from himself to the
  nurse by asking personal questions. The nurse should respond by saying

a. You have no right to ask questions about my personal life..
  b. Nurses prefer to direct the interview..
  c. You've turned the tables on me..
  d. This time we spend together is for you to discuss your concerns..

Question 2

An activity a nurse engaged exclusively in community-based primary prevention would implement
  is

a. substance abuse counseling.
  b. teaching parenting skills.
  c. medication follow-up.
  d. depression screening.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nital

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
When a client chooses to focus on the nurse, the nurse should refocus the discussion back onto the
client. Option D refocuses discussion in a neutral way. Option A shows indignation. Option B
reflects superiority. Option C states the fact but does not refocus the interview.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Primary prevention activities are directed to healthy populations to provide information for
developing skills that will result in preventing mental illness. The other options are secondary
prevention activities.

james

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

LegendaryAnswers

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library