This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse performed the following actions and interventions in the course of a day while caring for a ... (Read 29 times)

mrsjacobs44

A nurse performed the following actions and interventions in the course of a day while caring for a
  client with psychosis:

1 . Removed embroidery scissors from client's possession
  2 . Arranged for client to make an appointment with a lawyer
  3 . In client's presence, opened a package mailed to client
  4 . Remained within arm's length of client during the shift
  5 . Permitted client to refuse oral psychotropic medication
  Which intervention, if any, violated a right of the client?
  A. none
  B. 1
  C. 2
  D. 3
  E. 4
  F. 5

Question 2

A client tells the nurse I don't think I'll ever get out of here.. A therapeutic response would be

a. You shouldn't talk that way. Of course you'll leave here
  b. Everyone feels that way sometimes..
  c. You don't think you're making progress?
  d. Keep up the good work and you certainly will..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Natalie4ever

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Rationale: Actions 1 and 4 preserve the client's right to be protected against the possible impulse to
harm self or others. Action 2 preserved the client's right to legal counsel. Action 3 preserved the
client's rights to send and receive mail and be present during package inspection. Action 5 preserved
the client's right to refuse treatment.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
In option C the nurse is reflecting by putting into words what the client is hinting. By making
communication more explicit, issues are easier to identify and resolve. Options A, B, and D are
nontherapeutic techniques. Option A is disapproving. Option B minimizes feelings. Option D is
falsely reassuring.

mrsjacobs44

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library