This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse tells a peer, I feel really uncomfortable with the client and I find myself wanting to ... (Read 25 times)

karateprodigy

The nurse tells a peer, I feel really uncomfortable with the client and I find myself wanting to avoid
  both informal contacts on the unit and scheduled sessions..

Without supervision, evidence suggests
  that the outcome of this relationship will be
  a. growing interest and mutuality.
  b. mutual withdrawal.
  c. positive regard.
  d. trust.

Question 2

A student nurse is assigned to administer oral medications to her assigned client. The client refuses
  to take the medication. The student nurse should

a. tell the client that she will receive a poor grade if she doesn't administer the
  medication.
  b. tell the client that refusal is not permitted and staff will require him to take the
  medication.
  c. document the client's refusal on the medication administration record without
  comment.
  d. ask the client's reason for refusing and report to the coassigned nurse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

princessflame2016

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
A nurse's negative preconceived ideas about a client and negative feelings toward the client usually
result in frustration and mutual withdrawal. Supervision would cause the nurse to explore the origins
of the feelings and make changes as necessary. The other options suggest positive outcomes, which
rarely occur in the face of negative feelings on the part of the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The client has the right to refuse medication unless a court order to medicate has been obtained. The
client's reason for refusing should be ascertained, and the refusal should be reported to a unit nurse.
Sometimes refusals are based on unpleasant side effects that can be ameliorated. Options A and B:
Threats and manipulation are inappropriate. Option C: Medication refusal should be reported to
permit appropriate intervention.

karateprodigy

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library