This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A community mental health nurse has monitored a client in the community for the past 4 years. The ... (Read 64 times)

Yolanda

A community mental health nurse has monitored a client in the community for the past 4 years. The
  nurse is moving out of the city and must terminate her relationship with the client.

When the new
  nurse begins work with the client, what can he or she anticipate as the starting point for the
  relationship?
  a. Beginning at the orientation phase
  b. Resuming the working relationship
  c. Entering into a social relationship
  d. Returning to the emotional catharsis phase

Question 2

The client mentions to the nurse I'm still on restriction to the unit and I'd really like to start
  attending off-unit activities. Would you ask the doctor to upgrade my privileges? The best response
  for the nurse would be

a. I'll be glad to mention it when I see the doctor later today..
  b. That's a good topic for you to take up with the doctor. You'll be meeting at 2
  PM..
  c. Why are you asking me to do this when you're perfectly capable of speaking for
  yourself?
  d. Do you think you are so unimportant that you can't speak to a doctor and that a
  nurse must intercede?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briseldagonzales

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
After termination of a long-term relationship, the client and new nurse usually have to begin at
ground zero, the orientation phase, to build a new relationship. If termination is successfully
completed, the orientation phase sometimes progresses quickly to the working phase. Other times,
even after successful termination, the orientation phase may be prolonged.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Nurses should encourage clients to work at their optimal level of functioning. The nurse does not act
for the client unless absolutely necessary. Acting for a client increases feelings of helplessness and
dependency. Options C and D are pseudotherapeutic attempts that do nothing to develop the client's
resources.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library