This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The most important issue a nurse who wishes to become involved in political action on behalf of ... (Read 18 times)

mmm

The most important issue a nurse who wishes to become involved in political action on behalf of
  clients and families affected by mental illness could choose is

a. the need to do away with utilization review.
  b. passing a national mental health parity law.
  c. stopping computerization of medical records.
  d. the need for accurate mental health information on the Internet.

Question 2

Which of the statements made by a nurse applying for a position as a case manager suggests the
  nurse does not have the requisite attitude or skill and should not be given the position?

a. I most enjoy taking care of clients who are dependent..
  b. I am rewarded when I see a client functioning in the community..
  c. I am able to identify a client's changing needs and shift roles accordingly..
  d. My interpersonal skills are excellent and I know the resources of the
  community..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hdosisshsbshs

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
A national mental health parity law would provide better insurance benefits for insured clients with
mental health problems. Insurance equality would be achieved for clients with physical and mental
illness. Option A: Utilization review is an important cost-containment tool. The nurse would not
want to speak against this. Option C: The nurse should not adopt this cause. Communication
technology should be used to benefit clients and staff. Although confidentiality is currently an issue,
it is not insurmountable. Option D: This is not a cause for political action.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
A case manager must provide a consistent, supportive, one-to-one, long-term relationship that helps
clients develop their strengths and increase and maintain an optimal level of independence. The
nurse who prefers to work with dependent clients may unconsciously sabotage client movement
toward independence. The other statements refer to attitudes and skills consistent with Forchuck's
case management model.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nothere

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library