Author Question: The statement by a client in the continuation phase of treatment for bipolar disorder that indicates ... (Read 9 times)

deesands

The statement by a client in the continuation phase of treatment for bipolar disorder that indicates
  need for planned intervention is

a. It is difficult to live down all the crazy stuff I did during my last episode..
  b. I am getting better at problem-solving thanks to the group I attend on Tuesdays..
  c. Using a financial counselor to help manage my debts is keeping me solvent..
  d. I drank a lot when I relapsed, but Alcoholics Anonymous helps me manage
  stress without drinking..

Question 2

During a care planning meeting for an obese client who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, the
  nurse suggests to the physician that it would be appropriate to select a medication that does not
  block the receptors for

a. H1.
  b. GABA.
  c. Acetylcholine.
  d. 5 HT2.

kiamars2010

Answer to Question 1

A
The only option in which the client identifies a problem that is not being adequately addressed is
option A, reconciling illness behaviors. Ongoing therapy may be called for to address these issues.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
H1 receptor blockade results in weight gain, which is undesirable for an obese client. Blocking of the
other receptors would have little or no effect on the client's weight.