This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The statement by a nurse caring for a client with an eating disorder that signals a need for ... (Read 30 times)

tingc95

The statement by a nurse caring for a client with an eating disorder that signals a need for
  supervision is

a. I am working to encourage the client to be healthier..
  b. I understand that the client is terrified of gaining weight..
  c. The client's perfectionism and resistance often make me angry..
  d. I have had to make sure I do not come across as a parent figure..

Question 2

An appropriate intervention to undertake for a client with bulimia nervosa who binges and purges is
  to teach the client

a. not to skip meals or restrict food.
  b. to eat a small meal after purging.
  c. eat a large breakfast but no lunch and concentrate intake after 4 PM.
  d. substitute laxative use once daily to replace induced vomiting.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dmurph1496

Answer to Question 1

C
Frustration is common when client personality traits of perfectionism, obsessive thinking, and the
need to control therapy are present. Anger and frustration signal a need for supervision. Options A
and D are appropriate. Option B is empathetic and important to reflect to the client.

Answer to Question 2

A
One goal of health teaching is normalization of eating habits. Food restriction and skipping meals
lead to rebound bingeing. Option B will probably perpetuate the need to induce vomiting. Option C
will lead to late-day bingeing. Option D is highly undesirable.

tingc95

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library