This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client's laboratory reports show marked deficiencies of both serum sodium and potassium. On the ... (Read 45 times)

crobinson2013

A client's laboratory reports show marked deficiencies of both serum sodium and potassium. On the
  basis of this finding, the nurse should assess the client for symptoms of electrical conduction
  problems

a. throughout the body.
  b. in skeletal muscle function only.
  c. in the central nervous system only.
  d. in the cardiac conduction system only.

Question 2

A newly admitted client with schizophrenia approaches the unit nurse and says The voices are
  bothering me. They are yelling and telling me I am bad. I have got to get away from them.. The
  most helpful reply for the nurse to make would be

a. Do you hear the voices often?
  b. Do you have a plan for getting away from the voices?
  c. I'll stay with you. Focus on what we are talking about, not the voices.
  d. Forget the voices and ask some other clients to play cards with you..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessofishing

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The brain is involved in mental activity, maintenance of homeostasis, and control of all
physiological functions. Brain neuronal activity involves conducting electrical impulses from one
end of the cell to the other, involving inward movement of sodium followed by outward movement
of potassium. Without sufficient sodium and potassium, electrical conduction of impulses is
impaired. Physical and mental symptoms result.

Answer to Question 2

C
Staying with a distraught client who is hearing voices serves several purposes: ongoing observation,
the opportunity to provide reality orientation, a means of helping dismiss the voices, the opportunity
of forestalling an action that would result in self-injury, and general support to reduce anxiety.
Option A is not particularly relevant at this point. Option B is relevant for assessment purposes but
is less helpful than option C. Option D shifts responsibility for intervention from the nurse to the
client and other clients.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library