This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse I get into trouble because I have hair-trigger responses. I shoot from ... (Read 33 times)

madam-professor

The client tells the nurse I get into trouble because I have hair-trigger responses. I shoot from the
  hip. Lots of times that gets me into a mess.. A therapeutic response would be

a. Let's consider the advantages of being able to stop and think before acting..
  b. It sounds as though you've developed some insight into your situation..
  c. I'll bet you have some interesting stories to share about overreacting..
  d. It's good that you're showing readiness for behavioral change..

Question 2

A client with anorexia nervosa is particularly resistant to the idea of weight gain.

What is the
  rationale for establishing a contract with the client in which she agrees to participate in measures
  designed to produce a specified weekly weight gain?
  a. Because severe anxiety concerning eating is to be expected, objective and
  subjective data must be routinely collected.
  b. A team approach to planning the diet ensures that physical and emotional needs
  will be met.
  c. Client involvement in decision making increases sense of control and promotes
  compliance with treatment.
  d. Because of increased risk of physical problems with refeeding, client permission
  is essential.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macmac

Answer to Question 1

A
The client is showing openness to learning techniques for impulse control. One technique is to teach
the client to stop and think before acting impulsively. The client can then be taught to evaluate
outcomes of possible actions and choose an effective action. Option B is pseudotherapeutic. Option
C shifts the encounter to a social level. Option D is judgmental.

Answer to Question 2

C
A sense of control for the client is vital to the success of therapy. A diet that controls weight gain
can allay client fears of too-rapid weight gain. Option A: Data collection is not the reason for
contracting. Option B: A team approach is wise but is not a guarantee that needs will be met. Option
D: Permission for treatment is a separate issue. The contract for weight gain is an additional aspect
of treatment.

madam-professor

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library