This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: For the client with dissociative amnesia, an appropriate indicator for the outcome of cognition ... (Read 41 times)

fagboi

For the client with dissociative amnesia, an appropriate indicator for the outcome of cognition
  (demonstrate ability to execute complex mental processes) is that the client will

a. verbalize feelings of safety.
  b. function independently.
  c. regularly attend diversional activities.
  d. describe previously forgotten experiences.

Question 2

A client remanded by the court after his wife had him jailed for battery told the judge how sorry he
  was and suggested he needed psychiatric help. His history reveals acting-out behaviors as an
  adolescent and several adult arrests.

The nurse interviews him about his relationship with his wife.
  The statement that would be most characteristic of the thinking of an individual with an antisocial
  personality is
  a. I've done some stupid things in my life, but I've learned a lesson..
  b. I'm feeling terrible about the way my behavior has hurt my family..
  c. I have a quick temper, but I can usually keep it under control..
  d. I hit her because she nags at me. She deserves it when I beat her up..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Joc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The ability to recall previously repressed or dissociated material is an indication that the client is
integrating identity and memory. Option A: A client may verbalize feeling safe but may be
disoriented and have memory deficits. Option B: A client may be able to function independently on
a basic level without being able to remember significant information. Option C: Attending activities
is possible without being able to remember antecedent events.

Answer to Question 2

D
The antisocial client often impulsively acts out feelings of anger and feels no guilt or remorse.
Option A: Antisocial clients rarely seem to learn from experience. Option B: Antisocial clients
rarely feel true remorse. Option C: Antisocial clients have problems with anger management and
impulse control.

fagboi

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library