This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Persons who commit suicide are depressed or psychotic. This statement is a(n) 1. fact. 2. myth. ... (Read 23 times)

leilurhhh

Persons who commit suicide are depressed or psychotic. This statement is a(n)

1. fact.
  2. myth.
  3. opinion.
  4. attitude.

Question 2

A night shift worker complains, I'm having trouble getting to sleep after a night's work. I have a hearty breakfast with coffee, read the paper, do my exercises, and then go to bed.

However, I just lie awake until it is nearly time to get up to be with my family for dinner.. What change(s) should the nurse suggest? Select all that apply. a. Drink juice with breakfast rather than coffee.
  b. Exercise after awakening rather than before.
  c. Turn on the television when going to bed.
  d. Do not read the paper.
  e. Eat a light breakfast.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

FergA

Answer to Question 1

Many false ideas about suicide still exist.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, E
Sleep can be disrupted by caffeine, a central nervous system stimulant, exercise performed just before trying to sleep, and eating a heavy meal before retiring. Reading the newspaper is not likely to be so stimulating that it disrupts the patient's ability to sleep. Television will be disruptive to sleep.

leilurhhh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library