This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient reports, The medication prescribed to help me get to sleep worked well for about a month, ... (Read 20 times)

darbym82

A patient reports, The medication prescribed to help me get to sleep worked well for about a month, but now it's gone and my insomnia is worse than ever. I had nightmares the last 2 nights..

Which type of medication did the health care provider most likely prescribe? a. Hypnotic
  b. Tricyclic antidepressant
  c. Conventional antipsychotic
  d. Central nervous system stimulant

Question 2

Suicide is attempted three times more frequently by ____ but more often successfully completed by ____.

1. adult men, women
  2. adult women, men
  3. adult fathers, mothers
  4. adolescent mothers, fathers

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kimmy

Answer to Question 1

A
Hypnotics can worsen existing sleep disturbances when they induce drug-dependency insomnia. Once the drug is discontinued, the individual may have rebound insomnia and nightmares. CNS stimulants worsen insomnia while they are in use. Tricyclic antidepressants and atypical antipsychotics may help insomnia but would not be used for initial therapy.

Answer to Question 2

Women attempt suicide three times more frequently than men, but men are more often suc-cessful at completing the act.

darbym82

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library