This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient remanded by the court after his wife had him jailed for battery told the judge how sorry ... (Read 37 times)

maegan_martin

A patient remanded by the court after his wife had him jailed for battery told the judge how sorry he was and suggested he needed psychiatric help. His history reveals acting-out behaviors as an adolescent and several adult arrests.

The nurse interviews him about his relationship with his wife. Which statement by the patient is most consistent with a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder? a. I've done some stupid things in my life, but I've learned a lesson..
  b. I'm feeling terrible about the way my behavior has hurt my family..
  c. I have a quick temper, but I can usually keep it under control..
  d. I hit her because she nags at me. She deserves it when I beat her up..

Question 2

The expression of spiritual or religious beliefs in many cultures include

1. fugues.
  2. amnesia.
  3. trances.
  4. depersonalization episodes.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

D
The antisocial patient often impulsively acts out feelings of anger and usually feels no guilt or remorse. This patient rarely seems to change the behavioral patterns or otherwise learn from experience, commonly has problems with anger management and impulse control, and rarely feels true remorse.

Answer to Question 2

In many cultures, trances are expressions of spiritual or religious beliefs.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library