This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient discloses several concerns and associated feelings. If the nurse wishes to seek ... (Read 41 times)

washai

A patient discloses several concerns and associated feelings. If the nurse wishes to seek clarification, which comment would be appropriate?

a. What are the common elements here?
  b. Tell me again about your experiences.
  c. Am I correct in understanding that
  d. Tell me everything from the beginning.

Question 2

A prolonged emotional state that influences one's whole personality and life functioning is called

1. mood.
  2. feeling.
  3. attitude.
  4. intellectual response.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chloejackso

Answer to Question 1

C
Clarification ensures that both the nurse and patient share mutual understanding of the communication. The distracters encourage comparison rather than clarification and present implied questions that suggest the nurse was not listening.

Answer to Question 2

Definition of mood

washai

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

vickybb89

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library