This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient admitted to the eating disorders unit has yellow skin, the extremities are cold, and the ... (Read 19 times)

clippers!

A patient admitted to the eating disorders unit has yellow skin, the extremities are cold, and the heart rate is 42 bpm. The patient weighs 70 pounds; height is 5 feet 4 inches.

The patient is quiet during the assessment saying only, I will not eat until I lose enough weight to look thin.. Select the best initial nursing diagnosis. a. Anxiety related to fear of weight gain
  b. Disturbed body image related to weight loss
  c. Ineffective coping related to lack of conflict resolution skills
  d. Imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements related to self-starvation

Question 2

Allergy shots, which are injections with a small amount of an allergen in solution, closely match the theory of:

a. naturopathy.
  b. homeopathy.
  c. chiropractic.
  d. shiatsu.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

batool

Answer to Question 1

D
The assessment reveals cachexia, thus the diagnosis of imbalanced nutrition. No defining characteristics support the other diagnoses.

Answer to Question 2

B
Homeopathy uses small doses of a substance to stimulate the body's defenses and healing mechanisms to treat illness. Naturopathy emphasizes health restoration rather than disease. Chiropractic uses manipulation of the body to restore health. Shiatsu is a type of massage.

clippers!

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library