This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After formulating the nursing diagnoses for a new patient, what is the nurse's next action? a. ... (Read 21 times)

Awilson837

After formulating the nursing diagnoses for a new patient, what is the nurse's next action?

a. Implement the nursing plan of care.
  b. Complete the spiritual assessment.
  c. Determine the goals and outcome criteria.
  d. Design interventions to include in the plan of care.

Question 2

Shortly after the parents announced that they were divorcing, a 15-year-old stopped participating in sports, sat alone at lunch, and avoided friends. The adolescent told the school nurse, I would rather stay in my room and listen to music.

It's easier than talking to my friends about what is happening in my family.. Which nursing diagnosis is most applicable? a. Decisional conflict
  b. Chronic low self-esteem
  c. Disturbed personal identity
  d. Impaired social interaction

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kthug

Answer to Question 1

C
Standard 3 refers to determining outcomes. Outcomes cannot be determined until the nursing assessment is complete and the nursing diagnoses have been formulated.

Answer to Question 2

D
This diagnosis refers to aloneness that the patient perceives negatively, even when self-imposed. The teen displays self-imposed isolation from peers and family. The distracters are not supported by data in the scenario.

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library