This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As a nurse assesses an elderly patient, answers seem vague or unrelated to the questions. The ... (Read 25 times)

KimWrice

As a nurse assesses an elderly patient, answers seem vague or unrelated to the questions. The patient also leans forward and frowns, listening intently to the nurse. An appropriate question for the nurse to ask would be:

a. Are you having difficulty hearing when I speak?
  b. I notice you frowning. Are you feeling annoyed with me?
  c. How can I make this assessment interview easier for you?
  d. You're having trouble focusing on what I'm saying. What is distracting you?

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, Take a look at the bruises on my arms and legs. I take a multivitamin tablet daily and no other medicine. The bruises started about a week after I began taking some nutritional supplements from the health food store..

The nurse should focus assessment questions on the patient's use of supplements containing vitamin: a. A
  b. B
  c. C
  d. E

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pikon

Answer to Question 1

A
The patient's behaviors may indicate difficulty hearing. Identifying any physical need the patient may have at the onset of the interview and making accommodations are important considerations.

Answer to Question 2

D
Vitamin E has anticoagulant properties. Generally, a multiple vitamin tablet contains the minimum daily requirement of each vitamin. Taking nutritional supplements containing additional vitamin E would have the potential for causing bruising and hemorrhage. Excess Vitamin A, B, and C do not produce anticoagulant effects.

KimWrice

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library