Author Question: The practice of stereotyping older persons as feeble, dependent, and nonproductive is called 1. ... (Read 36 times)

xclash

The practice of stereotyping older persons as feeble, dependent, and nonproductive is called

1. ageism.
  2. egoism.
  3. prejudice.
  4. gerontophobia.

Question 2

A rape victim tells the emergency room nurse, I feel so dirty. Help me take a shower before the doctor examines me.. The nurse should:

a. arrange for the patient to shower.
  b. explain that bathing would destroy evidence.
  c. give the patient a basin of water and towels.
  d. explain that bathing facilities are not available in the emergency department.

InfiniteSteez

Answer to Question 1

Definition of ageism

Answer to Question 2

B
As uncomfortable as the patient may be, she should not bathe until the examination is completed. Collection of evidence is critical for prosecution of the attacker. The distracters will result in destruction of evidence or are untrue.