This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman was bound, taken to a remote location, and raped at gunpoint. When found, she was examined ... (Read 15 times)

savannahhooper

A woman was bound, taken to a remote location, and raped at gunpoint. When found, she was examined and treated in the emergency department. Which aspect of this crisis produced the greatest amount of psychological trauma?

a. The threat to her life
  b. Collection of evidence
  c. Physical pain experienced
  d. Being in a remote location

Question 2

Which comment during a family therapy session would best be assessed as scapegoating?

a. Billy is always the one that starts these arguments and upsets everyone else..
  b. You have to express your feelings more, but not if it might upset your father..
  c. Our son Tom will tell you, my husband and I are doing all we can for the others..
  d. After mom has been drinking, I have to get the others up and ready for school..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rekilledagain

Answer to Question 1

A
Psychological trauma associated with rape is produced by a number of factors. Of the options given, the threat to life is by far the most traumatic aspect of the crisis. The other options may, however, add significantly to the trauma.

Answer to Question 2

A
Scapegoating is defined as blaming family problems on a member of the family who is not very powerful. The purpose of the blaming is to keep the focus off painful issues and off the blamers themselves. A double-bind, such as You have to express your feelings more, but not if..., involves giving instructions that are inherently contradictory or that place the person in a no-win situation. Tom will tell you is an example of triangulation, wherein a third party is engaged to help stabilize an unstable pair within the family. A child assuming parental responsibilities (e.g., caring for siblings) because a parent fails to do so is an example of blurred boundaries.

savannahhooper

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

meganmoser117

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library