This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A wife is discussing her co-worker with her husband. The wife states, I am so tired of her. She is ... (Read 54 times)

rosent76

A wife is discussing her co-worker with her husband. The wife states, I am so tired of her. She is always dressing in flamboyant clothing and pretends to have an accent.

She doesn't relate well to any of our co-workers because she is so superficial. Which personality disorder is being described? a. Paranoid
  b. Impulsive
  c. Histrionic
  d. Narcissistic

Question 2

A patient in alcohol rehabilitation reveals to the nurse, I feel terrible guilt for sexually abusing my 6-year-old before I was admitted. Select the nurse's most important action.

a. Anonymously report the abuse by phone to the local child protection agency.
  b. Reply, I'm glad you feel comfortable talking to me about it.
  c. Respect nurse-patient relationship confidentiality.
  d. File a written report on agency letterhead.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

recede

Answer to Question 1

C
An individual with this type of personality disorder displays a pattern of excessive emotional expression and attention-seeking behaviors. Paranoid personality refers to individuals who assume that everyone is out to harm, deceive, or exploit them; impulsive personality refers to disorders that include behaviors such as gambling, use of drugs, and spending money irresponsibly; and narcissistic personality refers to grandiose feelings of self-importance.

Answer to Question 2

A
Laws regarding child abuse reporting discovered by a professional during the suspected abuser's alcohol or drug treatment differ by state. Federal law supersedes state law and prohibits disclosure without a court order except in instances in which the report can be made anonymously or without identifying the abuser as a patient in an alcohol or drug treatment facility.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library