This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which action by a nurse shows a breach of a patient's right to privacy? a. Documents the ... (Read 24 times)

abarnes

Which action by a nurse shows a breach of a patient's right to privacy?

a. Documents the patient's daily behaviors during hospitalization
  b. Releases information to the patient's employer without consent
  c. Discusses the patient's history with other staff during care planning
  d. Asks family to share information about a patient's prehospitalization behavior

Question 2

A patient, aged 77 years, has Alzheimer's disease. She goes to day care during the week and is otherwise cared for by her daughter and grandchildren.

The nurse at the day care center noticed multiple bruises on the patient's palms, elbows, and buttocks. When the daughter arrived to pick her up, the nurse discussed her observations. The daughter became defensive and said that her mother was very difficult to manage. She stated, My mother is not my mother anymore. She is confused, and she wanders all night. We have to watch her constantly. Last night I fell asleep, and she fell down the stairs. Sometimes she cannot recognize me and accuses me of trying to poison her. I can't concentrate at work, and it's wrecking the family. Sometimes I just cannot bear it.. Which nursing diagnosis would be most important to address for this family? a. Knowledge deficit pertaining to dementia
  b. Grieving related to mother's deterioration
  c. Risk for injury related to cognitive impairment
  d. Caregiver role strain related to increased care needs

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kdiggy

Answer to Question 1

B
Release of information without patient authorization violates the patient's right to privacy. The other options are acceptable nursing practices.

Answer to Question 2

D
Caregiver role strain is evidenced by the daughter's impaired function at work, the level of distress within the family, and the helplessness experienced by the patient's daughter. It would be the priority diagnosis, since both the family and the patient are at psychological and physiological risk until it is resolved.

abarnes

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library