This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client lost her husband of 50 years 10 months ago. She now sees every day as a gray fog with no ... (Read 53 times)

luvbio

The client lost her husband of 50 years 10 months ago. She now sees every day as a gray fog with no light.

She has begun to experience changes in eating, sleeping, and activity levels; angry, hostile moods; and an inability to concentrate or complete work tasks. What is the client experiencing? a. Complicated grief
  b. A normal grief reaction
  c. Complicated depression
  d. Bereavement-related depression

Question 2

A group is in the working phase, and one member has a history of being left alone as a 4- and 5-year-old when his parents worked or drank.

His parents also belittled him and criticized him mercilessly; nothing he did was ever right or good in their eyes. Which comment would the group leader expect to be made by this member? a. My boss is always expecting more of me than the others, but talking to him would only make it worse..
  b. I'm sorry for talking all the time, but there is just so much going on, and I can't remember what I already said..
  c. You could be right, maybe that would help, or at least it wouldn't hurt to give it a try next time..
  d. This group is stupid; nobody here can help anybody else because we are all so messed up. It's a waste..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sierray

Answer to Question 1

D
With bereavement-related depression, the griever feels the loss so intensely that despair and worthlessness overwhelm everything. This is not considered a normal grief reaction. Complicated grief refers to a constant yearning for the deceased without symptoms of depression. Complicated depression is not a grief reaction.

Answer to Question 2

A
People who frequently complain, yet reject help or suggestions when offered, tend to have histories of severe deprivation as children, often accompanied by neglect or abuse. The other comments reflect dynamics other than the help-rejecting complainer, such as the monopolizer who apologizes for talking too much, the person who is insightful and agrees to try a peer's suggestion, and the demoralizing member.

luvbio

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library