This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman has been severely beaten by her husband, has no relatives or friends in the community, is ... (Read 32 times)

jhjkgdfhk

A woman has been severely beaten by her husband, has no relatives or friends in the community, is afraid to return home, has no financial resources of her own, and has no job skills. Which would be the most important referral for the nurse to make?

a. Community food cupboard
  b. Vocational counseling
  c. Law enforcement
  d. Safe house or shelter

Question 2

The nurse is sitting with a patient diagnosed as having schizophrenia, disorganized type, who starts to laugh uncontrollably, although nothing funny has occurred. The nurse should say:

a. Please share the joke with me..
  b. Why are you laughing?
  c. I don't think I said anything funny..
  d. You're laughing. Tell me what's happening..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fraziera112

Answer to Question 1

D
Because the wife wishes to leave the home and has no safe place to go, referral to a battered person's shelter or safe house is necessary. The shelter will provide other referrals as necessary.

Answer to Question 2

D
The patient is likely laughing in response to inner stimuli such as hallucinations or fantasy. Focusing on this clue to internal stimuli and exploring the patient's experience of this stimuli (e.g., the content of the hallucination) shows an interest in the patient and provides potentially valuable assessment data, enabling the nurse to better understand the patient. The other options are less useful in eliciting a response, since no joke may be involved, and the patient is probably not focusing on what the nurse said in the first place. Why are you laughing? implies that the behavior is wrong or unacceptable, diminishing the patient's self-esteem and hampering the therapeutic relationship.

jhjkgdfhk

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library