Author Question: Disorders in children that involve problems with expression, receiving messages, word pronunciation, ... (Read 22 times)

karateprodigy

Disorders in children that involve problems with expression, receiving messages, word pronunciation, and stuttering are disorders of

1. conduct.
  2. learning.
  3. communication.
  4. developmental.

Question 2

The nursing student is assigned a client to interview and is asked to practice the therapeutic communication technique of sharing perceptions. Which statement made by the student nurse best describes this technique?

a. I noticed that you pace the halls, and you have a tense look on your face. I sense that you are anxious about something.
  b. Can you tell me more about how you feel when you are arguing with your daughter?
  c. I would like to talk with you about your plan of care.
  d. Tell me if I understand you correctly.

juliaf

Answer to Question 1

Definition of communication disorder

Answer to Question 2

A
Sharing perceptions lets the client know that you are listening and ensures that you understand what he or she is communicating. Asking the client to describe how he or she feels when arguing with his or her daughter describes focusing. Speaking to the client about the plan of care describes informing, and the nursing student is using clarification when asking whether he or she understands the client correctly.