This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with acute mania dances atop a pool table, waves a cue in one hand, and says, I'll throw ... (Read 46 times)

Yi-Chen

A patient with acute mania dances atop a pool table, waves a cue in one hand, and says, I'll throw the pool balls if anyone comes near me.. The nurse's first intervention is to:

a. tell the patient, We are taking you to seclusion..
  b. remove the patient from the pool table.
  c. clear the room of all other patients.
  d. assemble a show of force.

Question 2

The abnormal process in which aspects of the social, physical, emotional, or intellectual function of a person are diminished or impaired is called:

a. Health
  b. Illness
  c. Recovery
  d. Homeostasis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

morganmarie791

Answer to Question 1

C
The safety of the other patients in the room is of primary importance. Once other patients are out of the room, a plan for controlling this patient can be implemented.

Answer to Question 2

B
Illness is a state of imbalance that is compared with the person's condition prior to development of the present condition. Health is when an individual experiences homeostasis, or a state of balance; recovery refers to improvement after an illness.

Yi-Chen

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library