This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement(s) by patients with serious, persistent mental illness best demonstrate that the ... (Read 25 times)

sjones

Which statement(s) by patients with serious, persistent mental illness best demonstrate that the case manager has established an effective long-term relationship? (Select all that apply.) My case manager:

a. talks in language I can understand.
  b. helps me keep track of my medication.
  c. gives me little gifts from time to time.
  d. looks at me as a whole person with lots of needs.
  e. lets me do whatever I choose without interfering.

Question 2

A nurse cared for a terminally ill patient over a month and looked forward to spending time with this patient. After the patient died, the nurse began to sleep poorly, lacked energy, and felt depressed.

Eventually the nurse explained these feelings to a mentor. The mentor should counsel the nurse: a. about stress-reduction strategies.
  b. to seek therapy for dysfunctional grief.
  c. about the experience of disenfranchised grief.
  d. to consider taking a leave of absence to pursue healing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sarahjh

Answer to Question 1

A, B, D
Each correct answer is an example of appropriate nursing foci: communicating at a level understandable to the patient, providing medication supervision, and using holistic principles to guide care. The distracters violate relationship boundaries or suggest a laissez faire attitude on the part of the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

C
The nurse is experiencing disenfranchised grief. Nurses often incur loss that is not openly acknowledged or publicly mourned. Loss of a patient may not be recognized or acknowledged by others, so the grief is solitary and uncomforted and may be difficult to resolve.

sjones

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library