This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse makes an initial visit to a homebound patient with mental illness. A family member offers ... (Read 20 times)

sc00by25

A nurse makes an initial visit to a homebound patient with mental illness. A family member offers the nurse a cup of coffee. Select the nurse's best response.

a. No, thank you. I do not use products that contain caffeine.
  b. Thank you. I would enjoy having a cup of coffee with you.
  c. Thank you, but I would prefer to proceed with the assessment.
  d. Our agency policy prohibits me from eating or drinking in patients' homes.

Question 2

Significant complications such as sudden death due to cardiac dysrhythmia or respiratory depression are associated with the use of:

a. Alcohol
  b. Cocaine
  c. Inhalants
  d. Hallucinogens

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

B
Accepting refreshments or chatting informally with the patient and family represent therapeutic use of self and helps to establish rapport. These activities would not be prohibited by agency policy.

Answer to Question 2

C
Significant complications of inhalant use are sudden death caused by cardiac dysrhythmia or respiratory depression. Inhalant use is most prevalent in adolescents and young adults.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library