This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In a rush of words, a patient tells the community mental health nurse, Everything's a disaster I ... (Read 63 times)

justinmsk

In a rush of words, a patient tells the community mental health nurse, Everything's a disaster I cannot concentrate. My disability check did not come. My roommate moved out and I cannot afford the rent. My therapist is moving away.

I don't know what to do and feel like I'm coming apart. Which nursing diagnosis applies? a. Decisional conflict related to challenges to personal values.
  b. Spiritual distress related to ethical implications of treatment regimen.
  c. Anxiety related to changes perceived as threatening to psychological equilibrium.
  d. Self-concept disturbance related to solving multiple problems affecting security needs.

Question 2

A patient with bipolar disorder has rapid cycles. To prepare teaching materials, the nurse anticipates which medication will be prescribed?

a. Clonidine (Catapres)
  b. Phenytoin (Dilantin)
  c. Carbamazepine (Tegretol)
  d. Chlorpromazine (Thorazine)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LVPMS

Answer to Question 1

C
Subjective and objective data obtained by the nurse suggest the patient is experiencing anxiety caused by multiple threats to security needs. Data are not present to suggest decisional conflict, ethical conflicts around treatment causing spiritual distress, or self-concept disturbance.

Answer to Question 2

C
Some patients with bipolar disorder, especially those who have only short periods between episodes, have a favorable response to the anticonvulsants carbamazepine and valproate. Phenytoin (Dilantin) is also an anticonvulsant, but it is not used for mood stabilization. Carbamazepine seems to work better in patients with rapid cycling and in severely paranoid, angry, patients with mania.

justinmsk

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library