This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A husband whose wife is terminally ill says, I don't want to cry in front of her. I need to be ... (Read 50 times)

Zulu123

A husband whose wife is terminally ill says, I don't want to cry in front of her. I need to be strong for her.. Select the nurse's most therapeutic response.

a. She might find comfort in your tears..
  b. You should be honest about your feelings..
  c. You need to consider the fact that time is running out..
  d. You are right to protect her at a time when she is so vulnerable..

Question 2

A client is believed to have adapted to a situation when he or she exhibits which characteristic?

a. The client has become accustomed to his or her surroundings.
  b. The client has shown improvement in behavior as evidenced by the ability to carry out activities normal to his or her life.
  c. The client has accepted his or her current behavior patterns.
  d. The client has established a trusting relationship with the caregivers who are providing care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yeungji

Answer to Question 1

A
Many people try to protect the dying person from experiencing emotions; however, emotional honesty is important to both the patient and the family. The patient may be reassured knowing that the family is facing the inevitable. Giving advice and making judgmental statements are not helpful.

Answer to Question 2

B
Adaptation, in mental health terms, is best shown in the client's improved behavior and ability to carry out activities normal to his or her life; this displays effective coping skills. The other options do not show complete adaptation.

Zulu123

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library