This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Clients diagnosed with Type Ipositive schizophrenic symptoms respond better to antipsychotic ... (Read 12 times)

V@ndy87

Clients diagnosed with Type Ipositive schizophrenic symptoms respond better to antipsychotic medications. Manifestations of Type I schizophrenia include which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. Delusions
  b. Hallucinations
  c. Apathy
  d. Anhedonia
  e. Illusions

Question 2

A middle-aged patient who has been treated for depression with SSRIs and cognitive-behavioral therapy has identified that passivity probably contributed to her depression. Which treatment modality would be best for the nurse to suggest?

a. Social skills training
  b. Assertive communication training
  c. Relaxation training classes
  d. Exercise therapy group

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaylee05

Answer to Question 1

A, B, E
Type I: Positive symptoms include delusions, illusions, and hallucinations, and patients have a good response to medications. Type II: Negative symptoms include anhedonia, apathy, and flat affect, and patients usually do not respond well to antipsychotic medications.

Answer to Question 2

A
Assertiveness training would give the patient the skills she needs to assert herself and assure that her needs are met. Social skills training is helpful in treating and preventing the recurrence of depression but does not necessarily address passivity. Assertiveness would be of greater value than relaxation training, because passivity has been identified as a specific concern. Exercise, while helpful for depression, does not directly reduce passivity.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library