This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When planning care for a client with the biobehavioral approach to treatment, the underlying belief ... (Read 29 times)

Mr3Hunna

When planning care for a client with the biobehavioral approach to treatment, the underlying belief used by caregivers is that behavior

1. can be changed.
  2. is conscious.
  3. is tolerated.
  4. is due to a physical or chemical abnormality.

Question 2

An 80-year-old with arthritis has difficulty walking. The patient tells the nurse, It's awful to be old. Every day is a struggle. No one cares about old people.. Select the nurse's best response.

a. Everyone here cares about old people. That's why we work here..
  b. It sounds like you're having a difficult time. Tell me about it..
  c. Let's not focus on the negative. Tell me something good..
  d. You are still able to get around, and your mind is alert..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briseldagonzales

Answer to Question 1

Principle of psychobehavioral theories

Answer to Question 2

B
The nurse uses empathetic understanding to permit the patient to express frustration and clarify her struggle for the nurse. The other options block communication.

Mr3Hunna

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

anyusername12131

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library