This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In order to be actively involved in a plan of care, the client must demonstrate which of the ... (Read 31 times)

scienceeasy

In order to be actively involved in a plan of care, the client must demonstrate which of the following responsibilities? (Select all that apply.)

a. Truthfulness
  b. Education
  c. Acceptance
  d. Responsibility
  e. Cooperation

Question 2

A 79-year-old white male tells a nurse, I have felt very sad lately. I do not have much to live for. My family and friends are all dead, and my own health is failing.. The nurse should analyze this comment as:

a. normal pessimism of the elderly.
  b. evidence of suicide risk.
  c. a cry for sympathy.
  d. normal grieving.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

A, D, E
In order to be involved in a plan of care that is effective for them, clients must demonstrate truthfulness in sharing information with the health care provider, responsibility in actions and behaviors and cooperation with the treatment plan. Provision of education and acceptance are obligations of the health care provider.

Answer to Question 2

B
The patient describes loss of significant others, economic security, and health. He describes mood alteration and voices the thought that he has little to live for. Combined with his age, sex, and single status, each is a risk factor for suicide. Elderly white males have the highest risk for completed suicide.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library