This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client explains his problem as a constant battle between my good and my bad selves. According to ... (Read 17 times)

cabate

The client explains his problem as a constant battle between my good and my bad selves. According to Freud's theory, the client is having difficulty balancing his

1. yin and yang.
  2. id and superego.
  3. inner and outer selves.
  4. interpersonal relationships.

Question 2

A patient who has been unable to leave his home for more than a month because of symptoms of severe anxiety tells the nurse, I know it's probably crazy, but I just can't bring myself to leave my apartment alone..

An appropriate nursing intervention for the nurse to include in the initial nursing care plan is: a. teach the patient to replace negative self-talk with positive.
  b. encourage the patient to attend an agoraphobia support group.
  c. point out the irrationality of the patient's fears of leaving home.
  d. support the use of medication and be patient until they work.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

srodz

Answer to Question 1

Component of Freud's theory of personality

Answer to Question 2

A
This intervention, a form of cognitive restructuring, replaces negative thoughts such as I can't leave my apartment with positive thoughts such as I am scared but I know that I am safe despite my fear, and if I do my deep breathing I can control my anxiety.. This technique helps the patient gain mastery over his symptoms. A person unable to leave his home would be unable to access support groups or other treatment in the community. Pointing out the irrationality of his fears would be unproductive, since the patient is already aware of their irrationality. This awareness alone is not enough to change the fear. Medications play an important role, but there are many other actions the patient can take to improve coping, and the medications alone are not likely to be as effective as they would be if combined with other efforts to decrease anxiety and enhance coping.

cabate

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library