Author Question: A person says, I was the only survivor in a small plane crash. Three business associates died. I got ... (Read 21 times)

Chloeellawright

A person says, I was the only survivor in a small plane crash. Three business associates died. I got depressed and saw a counselor twice a week for 4 weeks. We talked about my feelings related to being a survivor and I'm OK now.

Which type of therapy was used?
  a. Milieu therapy
  b. Psychoanalysis
  c. Behavior modification
  d. Interpersonal psychotherapy

Question 2

A 15-year-old female started going to parties earlier in the year where drinking and drug use occurred. Her friends now notice that she actively looks for a party every weekend and attends even when her friends are not invited.

If they suggest an alternate activity, she refuses to go with them, and is avoiding them at school. What stage of chemical dependency is she exhibiting? a. Burnout
  b. Actively seeking
  c. Experimentation
  d. Preoccupation

Kimmy

Answer to Question 1

D
Interpersonal psychotherapy returned the patient to his former level of functioning by helping him come to terms with the loss of friends and guilt over being a survivor. Milieu therapy refers to environmental therapy. Psychoanalysis would call for a long period of exploration of unconscious material. Behavior modification would focus on changing a behavior rather than helping the patient understand what is going on in his life.

Answer to Question 2

B
In the actively seeking stage the teen looks forward to and actively seeks out the mood changes brought about by the chemicals; becomes expert in the use of chemicals to regulate moods; schoolwork and relationships with family erode; friends become limited to other teens who use.