Author Question: During an episode of binge eating, what type of food is usually taken in large amounts? a. Fruits ... (Read 14 times)

mpobi80

During an episode of binge eating, what type of food is usually taken in large amounts?

a. Fruits
  b. Red meat
  c. Fried or high fat content foods
  d. Cakes, donuts, or sweets

Question 2

The patient tells the nurse, I'll never be happy until I'm as successful as my older sister.. The nurse asks the patient to reassess this statement and reframe it. Which reframed statement is most likely to promote coping?

a. I won't be happy until I make as much money as my sister..
  b. People should treat me as well as they treat my sister..
  c. I can find contentment in succeeding at my own job level..
  d. Being as smart or clever as my sister isn't really important..

irishcancer18

Answer to Question 1

D
Binge eating is defined as consuming an amount of food that is definitely larger than most individuals would eat in similar circumstances. During a binge an individual consumes large quantities of certain foods, usually carbohydrates.

Answer to Question 2

C
Finding contentment within one's own work, even when it does not involve success as others might define it, is likely to lead to a reduced sense of distress about achievement level. It speaks to finding satisfaction and happiness without measuring the self against another person. Focusing on salary is simply a more specific way of being as successful as her sister, which would not promote coping. Expecting others to treat her as they do her sister is beyond her control. Dismissing the sister's cleverness as unimportant indicates that the patient continues to believe that she is inferior to her sibling.