This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse wants to find a description of diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders. Which resource ... (Read 38 times)

WhattoUnderstand

A nurse wants to find a description of diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders. Which resource would have the most complete information?

a. The ICD-10
  b. Nursing Outcomes Classification
  c. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
  d. The ANA Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice

Question 2

Which of the following nursing statements exemplify the cognitive process that must be completed by a nurse prior to caring for clients diagnosed with a substance-related disorder? (Select all that apply.)

1. I am easily manipulated and need to work on this prior to caring for these clients.
  2. Because of my father's alcoholism, I need to examine my attitude toward these clients.
  3. I need to review the side effects of the medications used in the withdrawal process.
  4. I'll need to set boundaries to maintain a therapeutic relationship.
  5. I need to take charge when dealing with clients diagnosed with substance disorders.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frre432

Answer to Question 1

C
The DSM-IV-TR details the diagnostic criteria for psychiatric clinical conditions. The other references are good resources but do not define the diagnostic criteria.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 4
Rationale: The nurse should complete a cognitive process prior to caring for clients diagnosed with substance-abuse disorders. It is important for nurses to identify potential areas of need within their own cognitions that may affect their relationships with clients diagnosed with this problem.

WhattoUnderstand

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library