This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse maintains a client's confidentiality, addressed the client appropriately, and does not ... (Read 13 times)

tfester

A nurse maintains a client's confidentiality, addressed the client appropriately, and does not discriminate based on gender, age, race, or religion. Which guiding principle of recovery has this nurse employed?

1. Recovery is culturally based and influenced.
  2. Recovery is based on respect.
  3. Recovery involves individual, family, and community strengths and responsibility.
  4. Recovery is person-driven.

Question 2

A client diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder states, I really think my future will improve because of my successful treatment choices. I'm going to make my life better. Which guiding principle of recovery has assisted this client?

1. Recovery emerges from hope.
  2. Recovery is person-driven.
  3. Recovery occurs via many pathways.
  4. Recovery is holistic.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olderstudent

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The SAMHSA lists the following as guiding principles for the recovery model: recovery emerges from hope, recovery is person-driven, recovery occurs via many pathways, recovery is holistic, recovery is supported by peers and allies, recovery is supported through relationship and social networks, recovery is culturally based and influenced, recovery is supported by addressing trauma, recovery involves individual, family, and community strengths and responsibility, recovery is based on respect. This nurse accepts and appreciates clients who are affected by mental health and substance use problems. This nurse protects the rights of clients and does not discriminate against them.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The SAMHSA lists the following as guiding principles for the recovery model: recovery emerges from hope, recovery is person-driven, recovery occurs via many pathways, recovery is holistic, recovery is supported by peers and allies, recovery is supported through relationship and social networks, recovery is culturally based and influenced, recovery is supported by addressing trauma, recovery involves individual, family, and community strengths and responsibility, recovery is based on respect. This client has internalized hope. This hope is the catalyst of the recovery process.

tfester

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

jackie

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library