Author Question: Looking at a slightly bleeding paper cut, the client screams, Somebody help me quick I'm bleeding. ... (Read 20 times)

abern

Looking at a slightly bleeding paper cut, the client screams, Somebody help me quick I'm bleeding. Call 911 A nurse should identify this behavior as characteristic of which personality disorder?

1. Schizoid personality disorder
  2. Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
  3. Histrionic personality disorder
  4. Paranoid personality disorder

Question 2

A 10-week, prenuptial counseling group composed of five couples is terminating. At the last group meeting, a nurse notices that the two most faithful and participative couples are absent.

When considering concepts of group development, what might explain this behavior? 1. They are experiencing problems with termination, leading to feelings of abandonment.
  2. They did not think any new material would be covered at the last session.
  3. They were angry with the leader for not extending the length of the group.
  4. They were bored with the material covered in the group.

elizabethrperez

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The nurse should identify this behavior as characteristic of histrionic personality disorder. Individuals with this disorder tend to be self-dramatizing, attention seeking, over gregarious, and seductive.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should determine that the clients' absence from the final group meeting may indicate that they are experiencing problems with termination. The termination phase of group development may elicit feelings of abandonment and anger. Successful termination may help members develop skills to cope with future unrelated losses.