This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nursing instructor is discussing various challenges in the treatment of clients diagnosed with ... (Read 55 times)

lak

A nursing instructor is discussing various challenges in the treatment of clients diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Which student statement demonstrates an understanding of the most critical challenge in the care of these clients?

1. Treatment is compromised when clients can't sleep.
  2. Treatment is compromised when irritability interferes with social interactions.
  3. Treatment is compromised when clients have no insight into their problems.
  4. Treatment is compromised when clients choose not to take their medications.

Question 2

Which client statement reflects an understanding of circadian rhythms in psychopathology?

1. When I dream about my mother's horrible train accident, I become hysterical. 2. I get really irritable during my menstrual cycle.3. I'm a morning person. I get my best work done before noon.
  4. Every February, I tend to experience periods of sadness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liddy

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The nursing student is accurate when stating that the most critical challenge in the care of clients diagnosed with bipolar disorder is that treatment is often compromised when clients choose not to take their medications. Clients diagnosed with bipolar disorder feel most productive and creative during manic episodes. This may lead to purposeful medication nonadherence. Symptoms of bipolar disorder will reemerge if medication is stopped.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: By stating, I am a morning person, the client demonstrates an understanding that circadian rhythms may influence a variety of regulatory functions, including the sleep-wake cycle, regulation of body temperature, and patterns of activity. Most humans follow a 24-hour cycle that is largely affected by lightness and darkness.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library