This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has flashbacks of sexual abuse by her uncle. She had not had these memories until recently, ... (Read 22 times)

mynx

A client has flashbacks of sexual abuse by her uncle. She had not had these memories until recently, when she became sexually active with her boyfriend.

A nurse should identify this experience as which part of Sullivan's concept of the self-system?1. The good me2. The bad me3. The not me4. The bad you

Question 2

A nursing instructor is teaching about the new DSM-5 diagnostic category of disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD). Which of the following information should the instructor include? (Select all that apply.)

1. Symptoms include verbal rages or physical aggression toward people or property.
  2. Temper outbursts must be present in at least two settings (at home, at school, or with peers).
  3. DMDD is characterized by severe recurrent temper outbursts.
  4. The temper outbursts are manifested only behaviorally.
  5. Symptoms of DMDD must be present for 18 or more months to meet diagnostic criteria.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The nurse should identify a client remembering sexual abuse when becoming sexually active with her boyfriend as experiencing the not me part of the personality. According to Sullivan, the not me part of the personality develops in response to situations that produced intense anxiety in childhood.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3
Rationale: The APA has included a new diagnostic category in the Depressive Disorders chapter of the DSM-5. This childhood disorder is called disruptive mood dysregulation disorder. Criteria for the diagnosis include, but are not limited to, the following. Verbal rages or physical aggression toward people or property; temper outbursts must be present in at least two settings (at home, at school, or with peers). DMDD is characterized by severe recurrent temper outbursts. The temper outbursts are manifested both behaviorally and/or verbally. Symptoms of DMDD must be present for 12, not 18 or more months to meet diagnostic criteria.

mynx

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library