This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A thorough biopsychosocial assessment of elders includes: Standard Text: Select all that apply. ... (Read 31 times)

sammy

A thorough biopsychosocial assessment of elders includes: Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Spirituality
  2. Social supports
  3. Coping strategies
  4. Sexuality
  5. Early childhood interactions

Question 2

A delusional client walks up to the nurse and says, I am the appointed overseer. Who are you and why are you here? The most therapeutic response is which of the following?

1. I am your nurse and I will be here to help you until suppertime.
  2. You don't know who I am?
  3. You know who I am.
  4. You are not the overseer; you are a client in the hospital.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Christopher

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Spirituality. Spiritual integrity is a basic human power that becomes especially important in later stages of life.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Responding with I am your nurse is an example of giving information; the nurse responds to the client's request without getting into a confrontation and conveys respect. The responses either asking if the client knows who the nurse is, or stating that the client knows the nurse are not therapeutic and may be perceived as challenging to the client. Stating that the client is not the overseer and reminding the client of inpatient status provides the client with information and presents reality, but the information does not provide the client with a response to the question, Who are you and why are you here?

sammy

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library