This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client being discharged from the mental health clinic is fearful about not being able to keep up ... (Read 21 times)

lbcchick

A client being discharged from the mental health clinic is fearful about not being able to keep up with therapy and treatments after leaving the clinic.

The nurse knows that to ensure client success after discharge, the client's behavioral contract should: 1. Support the client's family and friends.
  2. Ensure client success.
  3. Build and maintain treatments to help the community.
  4. Address issues the client will face in community living.

Question 2

A nurse is taking a class on providing culturally competent care for clients with severe mental illnesses. Which response best reflects the nurse's self-awareness of the sociocultural factors influencing his or her beliefs?

1. When I was growing up, my parents believed that mental illnesses were the work of evil spirits.
  2. All that I need to understand about the culture of mental illness is available on the Internet.
  3. My father was a psychiatrist, so I am very knowledgeable about how to work with mental illnesses.
  4. I have been through therapy, so I know what to expect from clients with mental illnesses.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

emsimon14

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The behavioral contract can be designed to address inpatient issues and community living and to enhance the transition from inpatient treatment to an outpatient setting. Additional supports can be built into the contract to assure the client's success after the transition. These interventions in the community maximize both the quality of life and management of symptoms. No contract can ensure success.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse who acknowledges what parents or significant others have said about mental illness recognizes that one's heritage has an impact on one's beliefs and can influence one's practice. Stating that a parent's occupation makes one knowledgeable about mental illnesses suggests arrogance on the part of the nurse and does not invite self-reflection. Believing that one can learn about cultural differences through popular media does not promote self-awareness or critical thinking. Stating that because of therapy one understands the culture of those with mental illness suggests that psychotherapy is the only way to gain awareness of sociocultural differences.

lbcchick

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bblaney

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library